Sunday, April 24, 2011

five random things

Do you know the cool thing about oranges? 
...just about everything. 
 
Not only do these things taste great, they smell amazing too.
I have a habit of sniffing the orange before I decide whether to eat it or not.
Indulging in this citrus-y goodness makes me realize that oranges will definitely, and always be tastier than apples.
It's so unfair that people overlook the simple fruits nowadays.
Bananas. Apples. Oranges. 
It's okay, guys. April still loves you ^-^ 
 
To eat, or not to eat..

When I was little, all I wanted to be was Princess Ariel from The Little Mermaid.
I still secretly want to be Ariel- that long red hair, her large eyes, the fact that she's a freaking half-fish human thing and still REALLY HOT...
She's got it going, that girl.

Oh Eric.
I was thinking about how romantic it was for Ariel to sacrifice her lovely voice, risking it all for a random guy.
Sure, this guy is like sex on a stick... Oh now I get it ;)
But if only the girl learned to write.
It's her fault really. Actually no, it's her daddy's fault.
If she had learned to write, and if an education system in Atlantis existed, Ariel would never have had to go through the hassle of going through the evil octopus queen. What was her name again? Can't remember.
Nevertheless- I want a Prince Eric. 
Someone that would remember me just by the sound of my voice. Someone that would love me just because of it...
*sigh*
Only in Disney.

(500) Days Of Summer
51 times watched and counting. 


A picture can speak a thousand words,
and I can't say anything other than...

I hope, for the dear life of me,
that I'll find someone to share my innermost thoughts, dreams, and fears with.
(Be it in pj's and on a bed, with great lighting and a camera crew hoarding the room.)


NEOPETS
Growing up in an Asian family, the proposal of having a real animal living in your house is not a good one.
In fact; it's frowned upon.
The questions "why", "how", "are you stupid", will always come up in a conversation when trying to convince one's parents to let you have a stupid goldfish, if not a dog.
So my brother, in an attempt to console me, introduced me to the world of Neopets when I was at the tender age of 9.

I adopted three pets, and despite them being mythical, and completely cyber like creatures, I was extremely attached to these pets.
I was also not very tech-savvy back then, and not too good with any sort of computer games apart from "Makeover Barbie".
I do not know why I am admitting this for all public scrutiny, but...
Tears were literally flowing down my face when I had to give up my poor Flotsam up for adoption.
A lack of neopoints and skill in the gaming world led me to the starvation of two neopets and the abandonment of another.
It still haunts me.
Not really. But it was a time in my life where I realized I cared way too much, and over the silliest of things.




And I especially thought about the term, best friend.
Growing up, I definitely had a few friends in my life that I still consider important and special to me.
Even though we do not talk anymore, I do not think that the present lack of communication today makes what we shared in the past any less special.
Is the term 'best friend' really all that fair?
It's almost awful to think that all your other friends come second best, or perhaps, they are not valued as much as your 'best friend' would be.
Guaranteed, you would have better friends than others, friends you talk to more, friends you share with more, friends that just happen to know your every little quirk- and love you anyway.
Would that define them to be the 'best' out of all your friends, then?

I don't think I have a best friend.
I have many good friends, but not a single person would stand out to me as the 'best' one.
Usually when I'm in a relationship, that person will then be my 'best' friend.
Just because they are the most important person to me at that time.
I also spend the most time on them, think about them the most, and prioritize that one person above everything else.
If the amount of time invested in that one special person could equate into cash, I'd be a bloody billionaire by now.
Which is actually quite bad. But I can't help it.
After all.
What is love,
if not just a friendship set on fire?


So with all these silly and unnecessary thoughts in my mind,
my Easter is going by rather chocolate-less and lonely.
But I've finished my History and English assignments.
So I am happy.
Ish.


All my love always,

April

No comments:

Post a Comment