Wednesday, January 4, 2012

bits of Birmingham


Coming to the end of my stay in Birmingham at R's parents house, R and I went into town to have a sushi buffet lunch and run some errands. The architecture and landscaping of Birmingham was extremely beautiful, and it's a shame I didn't get to take more photos. Although the locals (and by "locals", I'm directly referring to R since he's the only Birmingham local I know..) do not seem to think that the city has much to offer, as a tourist I think otherwise.


At times, if not all the time, I tend to think of Auckland city as a huge dump.
I used to regard Kuala Lumpur as a dump when I was a kid because I didn't think it had anything to offer, but the regular amount of tourists that visit both Malaysia and New Zealand would definitely disagree on that thought.


In fact, when I return to Malaysia to visit relatives and such, I see Malaysia in a new light each and every time. I appreciate the intense and diverse cultures, the cuisine, the people, and the vibrancy of it all.
I guess I've yet to learn how to appreciate each place at the right time.
Especially since New Zealand is in fact a gorgeous country with lots to offer.


If I had the opportunity to explore more of the town, I definitely would have done so. It's a gorgeous place that reminded me a lot of Wellington (minus the fact that Wellington is by the sea), and Wellington still remains my favourite city in New Zealand to date.


I'll be heading down to London again at the end of next week to visit a friend from Denmark that I met on my exchange in Japan! In the interim R and I plan to spend lots of time together eating, shopping, and visiting places in the Northern parts of the UK. Still have yet to see the Angel of the North!

All my love always,

April

No comments:

Post a Comment