Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Bunster 'Venture #1: Lemon Meringue Pie


I am supposed to be studying furiously for an Equity test tomorrow, but somehow my mind can't focus.
My tummy has been grumbling non stop, and though I have wolfed down an entire box of japchae, it is not satiated. Why. Winter, I blame you.

Okay, I really can only blame myself and my absolute love for food. If only I loved the gym as much.

Naturally, to procrastinate even more, I am sabotaging my health and fitness goals by revisiting my Instagram feed for food. So in the spirit of #tbt, here is the heavenly, absolutely angelic lemon meringue pie from Federal, featured above.

I will term these little blog entries "Bunster 'Ventures", because most of these food blog entries will derive from a certain moment of weakness. But who can really say no to citrus-y goodness and flaky pastry, all nestled underneath a mountain of joy, the joy that is whipped meringue? And, to top it all off, freeze-dried raspberries? Come on now. What a tease.

If you are ever around Sky City, pop by Federal and get yourself a slice of this pie. Do it. I promise you, all your troubles will melt away. Or do yourself a massive favour, and order the trio tasting platter, with lemon meringue, banana toffee, and chocolate cherry. We were not smart enough to order said platter... and I think I may be tempted to persuade a certain Mr. to satiate my dessert pie craving in a few minutes.

Oh god, I am so hungry.

Here's to many more bunster 'ventures. Hope the next instalment is in a couple of hours (and by that, I mean in the next ten minutes), because I am literally melting away in this library without those pies in my tummy.



No comments:

Post a Comment