Friday, September 23, 2011

a poem about dandelions.


Sometimes I feel like I'm a dandelion in the wind.
So full of hope, but when I do fly- I'm left naked and thin
I parachute out into the wild, my seeds like daydreams collide 
The wide open sky awaits, and I'm left here to die.

I do not blame myself for I wanted to fly
Out into the open, to explore, just so I could try.
You were what I wanted, but I needed more.
I wasn't what you needed, and you wanted more.


Seeds and all I carry myself, as far as the wind could carry me
My dreams light and empty, you beat me down once again
No matter how far I go, I'll never reach your heart
It is too far, it is too near, its just not for me, my dear.

Too foolish to see otherwise, I sacrifice parachutes from my branch
They sail aimlessly, floating away from what was left, and what used to be. 
I realize the more I let go of the seeds, the less of me I see
But I was born not to stay still: I was born to find something more. 
Something, like you and me. 


You left my heart here, and I'm still searching for you
Parachutes fleeting, my heart beating- the end is nearly here.
Even though my branch is stripped bare of seed:
The dreams I have for you, for us: they'll somehow parachute into the wind.

Sometimes I feel like a dandelion.
Sometimes a beacon of light, other times a weed.

I hope one day that you'll find me
I hope one day, you'll learn to love me.

Sitting here in all my seedless beauty. 




1 comment:

  1. This really touched me. I understand exactly what you mean... <3

    ReplyDelete